Junior Support Specialist
At GreenSteam, we have developed very advanced and effective solutions to improve the fuel efficiency of the big ships that our customers operate around the globe. The various hardware and software components are quite complex to configure, install and maintain - and that’s where you come in.
We need a highly intelligent and proactive support engineer to help us ensure that our solutions are effective from day one and every day after that.
You will be involved in all aspects of the technical side of our growing operations, especially technical support tasks and system configuration.
A very important part of your role will be to make sure our customers are happy.
- Work closely with our first line of Service Support
- Monitor and respond to Service Support requests coming in via phone, emails or Jira support system
- Prioritize incoming issues, solve incidents, quickly and actively resolve problems either personally or by an effective delegation
- Identify and solve issues concerning data management.
- Participate in preventive actions and ensure service level is delivered to meet customer business needs and expectations
- Monitoring of applications, data, and vessels
- Document and formulate bugs reports for the Dev Team
- Plan improvements based on the typical support issues
- Help to develop and implement monitoring tools for our scheduled processes
- Take good care of the data - calibration, synchronization, etc.
- Experience with Linux environment (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Basic Networking
- Proficient in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fast learning
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Responsible and strictly following the procedures
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering high quality
Nice to have
- Experience in performing support tasks
- Basic scripting language knowledge: Python, Bash
Your place of work will be Warsaw, Poland.
Back to the list
Minute by minute and mile by mile, vessels all over the world are wasting fuel.
GreenSteam is a marine data intelligence company specializing in improving vessel efficiency through Machine Learning. GreenSteam implements solutions on vessels of all types.
Founded in 2007, GreenSteam has offices located in Denmark, United Kingdom, and Poland and currently employs more than 35 people.
GreenSteam is majority-owned by BP/Castrol.
More information about GreenSteam is available at www.greensteam.com
Working at GreenSteam
- Build custom bleeding-edge Machine Learning and Big Data solutions
- Enjoy a culture of companionship and constant improvements
- Work is meaningful on a global scale - our solutions reduce fuel consumption, pollution, and CO2 emissions
- Always encounter new equipment and challenges every customer and vessel is different and there is still something new to learn
- Help transport the marine industry into the modern era
What does GreenSteam offer?
- The joy of creating real and valuable solutions
- To be part of an international team with a contagious 'sporting spirit'
- Work-life balance
- Excellent working environment
- Flexible working hours
Visit our website and learn more about the company, now!