Data Analysis Intern
At GreenSteam, we have developed very advanced and effective solutions to improve the fuel efficiency of the big ships that our customers operate around the globe. Our solutions are data-driven - which forces us to assure the data quality. The data we received requires to be constantly analyzed and verified.
We need a highly intelligent and proactive person to help us prepare the data, apply and tweak our models and analyze the predictions.
- Data analysis and visualization
- Data cleaning and filtering
- Be part of the data pipeline design and development
- Train and test models with-in our CI
- Do custom analysis for our customers
- Develop monitoring tools
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports
- Help the DevOps Team with optimizing our computational resources
- Use best practices, provide the team with guidelines
- Review the work of other data scientists and data engineers
- Proficient in English
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fast learner
- Motivated to work in a fast-changing, dynamic environment
- Oriented towards customer satisfaction
- Python programming
- General programming skills
- Experience with Git
- Basic experience with data cleaning and visualization in Jupyter Notebook
- Basic experience with libraries and frameworks related to data processing (pandas, matplotlib)
- Passionate about data and machine learning
- Motivated by teamwork with skilled teammates
Nice to haves
- Experience with data processing automation
- Experience with Google Tensorflow
- Anything relating to ships is an advantage
What can you learn?
- How do sea vessels operate
- How to model physical phenomena around the topics of sea, weather, vessel design, etc.
- Detect unusual data, fixing data, interpolate physical data
- Get to know various customer's systems and data sources
- Analytical and creative approach towards difficult data
- Deepen your ML skills
- Learn directly from PhD experts in the field
Back to the list
Minute by minute and mile by mile, vessels all over the world are wasting fuel.
GreenSteam is a marine data intelligence company specializing in improving vessel efficiency through Machine Learning. GreenSteam implements solutions on vessels of all types.
Founded in 2007, GreenSteam has offices located in Denmark, United Kingdom and a remote team in Poland, currently employs more than 35 people.
GreenSteam is majority-owned by BP/Castrol.
More information about GreenSteam is available at www.greensteam.com
Working at GreenSteam
- Build custom bleeding-edge Machine Learning and Big Data solutions
- Enjoy a culture of companionship and constant improvements
- Work is meaningful on a global scale - our solutions reduce fuel consumption, pollution, and CO2 emissions
- Always encounter new equipment and challenges every customer and vessel is different and there is still something new to learn
- Help transport the marine industry into the modern era
What does GreenSteam offer?
- The joy of creating real and valuable solutions
- To be part of an international team with a contagious 'sporting spirit'
- Work-life balance
- Excellent working environment
- Flexible remote working hours
Visit our website and learn more about the company, now!