Product Owner (Focused)
At GreenSteam, we have developed very advanced (machine learning) and effective solutions
(big data) to improve the fuel efficiency of the big ships that our customers operate around the
globe. On these ships, our decision support solutions help captains waste less fuel and thus
reduce emissions that are harmful to the environment. Our web application helps ship owners
and operators understand and analyse the performance of their fleets.
By becoming the Product Owner you will be shaping our product and you will play an important role in our core mission.
The core of your role will be to make our products great.
You will take responsibility of:
- Being a caretaker of the backlog for the Scrum Teams
- Keep the Stories clear for the team and identify acceptance criteria
- Establishing the scope of the epics - ensuring the business case remains valid
- Identify Story priorities and order the backlog accordingly
- Track estimates and release dates providing the pessimistic/optimistic estimate based on the input from the Scrum team
- Shape Stories with the UX Designer: GUI design & functionality
- Report to Head of Development on a daily basis
- Manage JIRA entities (Epic, Version, Release) and make sure progress reports are in a
- Keep up metrics proving continuous product increment delivery
- Adjust product scope according to the customer feedback
- Perfect English (spoken and written)
- Min. BSc. in Engineering/IT or UX design education
- Extensive experience as a Product Owner (in years) in the software development
- UX design experience
- Very practical JIRA experience
- Knowing Scrum in practice with skills to handle various intricacies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details
- Basic front-end or full-stack web programming
- Anything relating to ships
Your place of work will be Warsaw, Poland.
Back to the list
Minute by minute and mile by mile, vessels all over the world are wasting fuel.
GreenSteam is a marine data intelligence company specializing in improving vessel efficiency through Machine Learning. GreenSteam implements solutions on vessels of all types.
Founded in 2007, GreenSteam has offices located in Denmark, United Kingdom, and Poland and currently employs more than 35 people.
GreenSteam is majority-owned by BP/Castrol.
More information about GreenSteam is available at www.greensteam.com
Working at GreenSteam
- Build custom bleeding-edge Machine Learning and Big Data solutions
- Enjoy a culture of companionship and constant improvements
- Work is meaningful on a global scale - our solutions reduce fuel consumption, pollution, and CO2 emissions
- Always encounter new equipment and challenges every customer and vessel is different and there is still something new to learn
- Help transport the marine industry into the modern era
What does GreenSteam offer?
- The joy of creating real and valuable solutions
- To be part of an international team with a contagious 'sporting spirit'
- Work-life balance
- Excellent working environment
- Flexible working hours
Visit our website and learn more about the company, now!