Back-end Software Developer
We need talented software developers to help us develop our solutions.
Your work will involve all aspects of development, from design and specification through development and testing. The job is not theoretical - but highly focused on technical and practical aspects. We use an agile approach to and hold daily scrum meetings.
You will get to work with passionate, talented people and you will meet varied challenges. You will get to influence the way we do things and how we develop software.
- Building our core products and tools, including: data storage, computational jobs, KPIs, reports and use of our machine learning algorithms.
- Constant improvements of your skills and the quality of our products
- Patching past deployments and helping with upgrades
- Passion and drive to create the highest quality software
- Very strong general programming skills
- Experience with Python programming and Linux
- Experience with GIT and branching
- SQL/databases in general
- Understanding that tests and documentation are important
- Good at and happy with teamwork, including pair programming
Additionally, the following are plusses:
- Experience with Django
- Front-end skills
- Academic degree in Computer Science or similar
- Software architecure/design, with a strong focus on practical aspects
- Anything relating to ships
- Experience with Tensorflow or other ML frameworks
- Experience with BigData technologies (Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.)
- Mathematical modelling or optimization
Your place of work will be Warsaw, Poland.
Back to the list
Minute by minute and mile by mile, vessels all over the world are wasting fuel.
GreenSteam is a marine data intelligence company specializing in improving vessel efficiency through Machine Learning. GreenSteam implements solutions on vessels of all types.
Founded in 2007, GreenSteam has offices located in Denmark, United Kingdom, and Poland and currently employs more than 35 people.
GreenSteam is majority-owned by BP/Castrol.
More information about GreenSteam is available at www.greensteam.com
Working at GreenSteam
- Build custom bleeding-edge Machine Learning and Big Data solutions
- Enjoy a culture of companionship and constant improvements
- Work is meaningful on a global scale - our solutions reduce fuel consumption, pollution, and CO2 emissions
- Always encounter new equipment and challenges every customer and vessel is different and there is still something new to learn
- Help transport the marine industry into the modern era
What does GreenSteam offer?
- The joy of creating real and valuable solutions
- To be part of an international team with a contagious 'sporting spirit'
- Work-life balance
- Excellent working environment
- Flexible working hours
Visit our website and learn more about the company, now!